Friday, September 10, 2010

If it ain't broke.

I am currently in the market for obsessing about all things this winter...when I will be flinging myself into a Balkan winter wonderland.  My current focus dejour takes me to the ever perplexing, travel footwear.  

Reasoning correctly that I should not take the comfort of my feet lightly on a 6 month backpacking trip, last time around I purchased a pair of boots from El Naturalista. 

http://www.elnaturalista.com/index.php/en/

This is a Spanish company who focuses on combining quality footwear from natural components, while carrying out humanitarian work in disadvantaged populations. They served me so well, I STILL have them in my closet, and two friends purchased the exact same pair. 

After digging around on the internet, trying to find something quality, warm, comfortable, and (gasp!) attractive...I came back full circle to their site.  Come to find out, their styles have gotten better since I've last looked 5 years ago.  While some are still a little to "rustic" for me, I am excited about a couple styles that offer a practical solution to finding a comfortable AND not repulsive travel shoe.

Here are some styles that make me swoon and dream of walking down uneven cobblestone lanes in the snow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love them! All 4. But if I had to rank them it would be top to bottom. I love the heel on the top ones.