Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's always last March...


WHAT really is my deal?

This week was officially difficult due to the fact that I am a chronic travel day dreamer. My affliction isn't aided by the fact that I have had so many head-in-the-clouds-worthy-escapades. Being that it has been a year since I've returned from the last escapade...I think it could be defined as withdrawals. If you wanted to be technical.

And on top of it all, I know I'm not deserving of any of the loveliness of elsewhere I have experienced...so it would be completely justified if I never got away again. That's dark...pretend I never said that. Moving on...

A lot of people don't crave the "away" like I do. Luckily I have a few hopeless cases in my life similar to me (Carlee, Linds, Shan...I'm sorry to bring you into this.) where if you catch us glazed over and incoherent, with a travel magazine sprawled at our feet...you'll know what's going on. Don't try to talk us out of it. There will probably be indiscernible babbling. Always about London, most likely Edinburgh will come up...probably a cameo from Latin America, and once we start on our top 5 next must goes, it's all over. We will need a drink. Fast.

So since I'm currently in the all too necessary scrimping and saving portion of the travel annals of my story, I will pour over the past. Care to join me? South America is currently the lust de jour on repeat in my one track mind.

1 comment:

Jacob and Carlee Loya said...

i care to join you on many many levels. your absolute lust for 'the other' is a necessary element in my own self-loathing. thank you for justifying my darkness. the top 5 must goes are always followed by many drinks. i was thinking specifically about the day we had to buy the 1000 places at the bookstore and sit at the RO and pour over it for hours. why is this behavior medicinal? thank you for your love. thank you a LOT for your blog. ox